Consultation and engagement
Development In Wirksworth
Our plans for the land off Cromford Road / Middleton Road have been produced further to a considerable amount of engagement with residents, stakeholders and planning officers at Derbyshire Dales District Council and at Derbyshire County Council.
We originally started consulting with stakeholders and residents in April 2016 and have conducted two rounds of consultation since then, both including public consultation events. The first round took place between November 2016 and February 2017; and the second took place between September and November 2017.
As a result of these consultations, we have made some significant changes to the scheme. The main changes that have been made further to feedback include:
- Retaining and redeveloping Rock House;
- Removing the proposed access to the housing through the Ravenstor Industrial Estate off Cromford Road;
- Including a new access off Middleton Road to reduce the traffic impact on Cromford Road;
- Moving the remaining access off Cromford Road slightly north so it no longer comes out in front of any properties;
- Installing a pedestrian crossing on Cromford Road, just to the north of the access onto Old Lane;
- Widening the pavements on Cromford Road as well as relocating and upgrading the two bus stops by installing shelters and raised kerbs – to ensure pedestrian safety;
- Moving the employment land to protect the north western section of the site;
- Making provision for a school site should the County Council wish to locate a school on either the site or Middle Peak (no longer required);
- Retaining the woodland at the northern end of the site, north east of Old Lane;
- Introducing the potential to make additional land available to allow the District Council to consider expanding Old Lane car park; and
- Creating a landscape buffer between residential buildings and the Scheduled Ancient Monument.
We now have the final scheme that we will be submitting to Derbyshire Dales District Council. We are hoping to submit the planning application during the summer 2018, following which there will be a period of statutory consultation by the Council.
We hope that we will start to informally consult on proposals for Middle Peak later this year. This will include the setting up of a liaison group to act as a formal mechanism for on-going consultation with the local community as we look to take both sites forward.
A full summary of changes in response to feedback received in December 2016 can be read online here.
The exhibition materials from our original consultation in December 2016 can be read online here.
The exhibition materials from our information afternoon in October 2017 can be read online here.